1884 ~ J. Logan Sample came to Sturgis as a missionary and purchased lots where the original church stood.
1886 ~ Church organized by the Board of Home Missions with Thirteen charter members.
1887 ~ Main church building constructed and dedicated. During the next nineteen years, ten missionary ministers served our church.
1906 ~ Pastor Carroll D. Erskine came to Sturgis and served as pastor for forty-eight years.
1907 ~ The edifice was improved with stained glass windows, pews, paint and the furnace was installed.
1908 ~ Five-room brick manse was purchased and bell tower of church was elevated.
1911 ~ Voted to change from a Home Mission Church to a self-supporting church.
1915 ~ Church building was enlarged on the West which was the club room area.
1920 ~ Sanctuary enlarged twenty feet to the South.
1924 ~ Kitchen and library were build and dedicated.
1950 ~ Basement of church was excavated for Sunday School classrooms.
1957 ~ Pastor Donald L. Duly came to Sturgis and served as the pastor for seven years.
1959 ~ Primary house and three lots were purchased.
1960 ~ Pastor E. Charles Markman came to serve our church.
1963 ~ First fund drive for new building.
1965 ~ Pastor Lee James came to serve our church.
1966 ~ Second Fund drive for new building, and ground breaking on Easter Sunday for the current church building.
1967 ~ Cornerstone laying on Easter Sunday. First service in the current church was on May 28.
1970 ~ Pastor Chuck White came to serve our church
1980 ~ Pastor Jack Whetzel came to serve the church.
1986 ~ Year long Centennial Celebration, and re-opening of the Cornerstone.
1989 ~ Pastor Howard Smith came to serve this congregation
2005 ~ Pastor Jane Ireland came as an Interim pastor to First Presbyterian Church.
2007 ~ Pastor Denzel Nonhof was installed as Pastor.
2019 ~ Pastor Paul Henschen was installed as Pastor.